As a composite, Carbon Fiber is a plastic material that is reinforced with carbon fibers to achieve high specific strength (strength-to-weight ratio). It is also light weight material.
The stiffness of a Carbon Fiber part is almost three times higher than that of its fiberglass equivalent.
Carbon Fiber is widely used in the automotive, aerospace, and defense industries for the production of parts and components requiring superior specific strength.
Features & Applications
- Has high specific strength (strength-to-weight ratio).
- Shows high resistance to heat and fire
- Shows superior corrosion resistance
- Shows superior electrical conductivity
- Shows good fatigue resistance
- Low thermal expansion coefficient
- Aircraft wings
- Spacecraft parts
- Car spoilers
- Motorcycle components
- Sporting equipment
- Boat hulls and propellers